Does Hudson Valley Have the Highest Paid Teachers in NY?
Is the Hudson Valley the best place to be a teacher?
Sure, you get summer off but teachers have a tough job. There's always been this understanding that teachers are extremely under paid. That might be true. According to Money.com, the average new first year teacher can earn almost $58,000 a year.
Though that's the average that certainly wouldn't hold up around here.
According to public salary averages posted on New York Upstate, the Hudson Valley snagged a bunch of spots in the top 40 New York teaching jobs.
Out of 40 different teaching careers from teaching math, science or fitness at all grades, the Hudson Valley scored number one in almost all of them. HV teachers can average $85k to $100k depending on what they teach and in what county.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America