Dutchess County Business Network Aims To Keep Employers Informed
Leaders in Dutchess County have launched a new resource to provide information to regional employers. The Dutchess Business Notification Network will be advocating for regional businesses and have already made several requests of the state that would help local workers.
Initial requests by the group include having the state waive the seven days waiting period for workers applying for Unemployment Insurance which was waived Friday. They've also requested the state waive the in-person visit normally required within two weeks of applying for UI. Many of the workers affected by the state of the economy work part-time and they've asked that they are included for eligibility for UI as well.
A request has been made for banks to extend a grace period for loans and mortgages in addition to a request to the federal government for Economic Injury Disaster Loans so business' can apply through the Small Business Administration.
While there is much work to be done, these are encouraging steps taken by local officials. Any employers who would like to share information with the Dutchess Business Notification Network can email Contact@DutchessBNN.com.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center