Extended Hours Announced For Beach At Local State Park
Extended hours have been announced at parks statewide and that includes a popular beach at a Hudson Valley state park.
Canopus Beach at Fahnestock State Park will remain open the weekends of September 7 and 8 along with the 14 and 15 from 9 AM until 4 PM. Located on Route 301 in Carmel the park straddles Dutchess and Putnam counties and consists of more than 14,000 acres.
In addition to swimming, campers and daytrippers can fish by rowboats which are available for rental on site. Anyone wishing to bring their own small boat in must obtain a regional boating permit from the park office and must have a fishing license issued by New York State.
For a deeper look inside Fahnestock State Park, check out the video below.
DID YOU KNOW: A portion of the Appalachian Trail runs through Fahnestock State Park.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center