How Much Money You Need to Make to Own a Home in New York
Looking to own a home in New York State? Here's how much money you'll need to make.
We all know living in New York State is expensive. The taxes, rent, education costs; the list goes on and on. So it's no surprise to find out that owning a home in New York State is no different. While there's definitely a range in home prices, depending on which part of New York State you live in, the average is pretty high.
According to Elle Decor, you'll need to make over $90,000 annually to own a home in New York State on average. $91,720 to be exact. According to Zillow, the average home price in New York State is $328,677 and has gone up about 2% in the last year. The median salary in New York State is $67,844, according to Data USA. It doesn't help that New York City residents are currently fleeing the city to get away from CVOID-19.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings