Hudson Valley Ice Cream Cone Bucket List
Warmer weather has arrived and I've decided to take on a new challenge for the summer of 2019: an ice cream cone bucket list. Sure my priorities are out of whack but what a time to be alive.
At some point between now and Labor Day, I'll be crossing each of these off.
- Mary Janes Dairy Bar - 5334 Route 9W, Newburgh
- Joe's Dairy Bar - 55 Route 82, Hopewell Junction
- Bellvale Farm Creamery - 1390 Route 17A, Warwick
- Holy Cow - 7270 South Broadway, Red Hook
- Zoe's Ice Cream Barn - 1181 Route 55, Lagrangeville
- Ice Cream Castle - 5 Powells Lane, Kingston
- Zoghby's Blueberry Mountain Ice Cream - 655 Route 17M, Middletown
- Mapleview Cafe - 141 Overlook Rd, Poughkeepsie
- Alleyway Ice Cream - Partition Street, Saugerties
EDIT: Hudson Valley musician and ice cream aficionado Steve Black wouldn't let the original list stand without the honorable mention of Dairy Island in Newburgh, Weir's in Salsbury Mills and Moo Moo's Creamery in Cold Spring.
And now two questions: what other Hudson Valley ice cream shops should be added to the list and who's with me?
Disclaimer: This mission is not conducive to weight loss or lactose intolerance.
And now... cats getting brain freeze.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV. Stream us live through the website, your Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WRRV mobile app.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center