Hudson Valley State Park Named One of Nation’s Best
One of the Hudson Valley's most popular state parks has been named among the nations 18 best. All in all, three New York parks were named to the list and Bear Mountain State Park is recognized as ninth overall.
Travel website HomeToGo assembled the list of the nations best state parks using average visitor rating, affordability, number of activities, diversity of bird species and availability of accommodations as factors.
Niagra Falls is New York's highest entry among the nations elite state parks landing at number four. MSN reports it's the nations oldest state park and draws millions of tourists per year.
Letchworth State Park lands at number eight and is known as the 'Grand Canyon' of the East'. With more than 60 miles of trails, waterfalls, and forest, it was voted as Best Attraction in New York for 2017.
The more than 5,000 acre Bear Mountain State Park is located in Rockland County features hiking trails, cross-country skiing and even an outdoor skating rink in the winter months.
What state park would you have added to the list? Should Walkway Over The Hudson be included?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America