Jeopardy! Champion Offered Job in Hudson Valley
The second-winningest contestant in Jeopardy! history has been offered a job in the Hudson Valley.
The Renegades offered Jeopardy! champion James Holzhauer a position with the front office.
"The Renegades have extended James Holzhauer the opportunity to live out his lifelong dream of working in professional baseball, to sign a one-day contract to be the team's General Manager," the team wrote on its website.
Holzhauer has won over $1.6 million on Jeopardy! in 22 wins. He's in second place for the most game winnings on Jeopardy! to Ken Jennings, who won over $2.5 million in 74 wins.
"The Renegades feel bringing Holzhauer on board will be a great asset for front office operations based on his mathematically-gifted mind. He will be able to exploit current weaknesses, and have the courage to take a risk with new tactics to ensure long-term success for the club," the team wrote.
While the contract for general manager is only a one-day position, the team says there is a possibility of future employment adding having a Jeopardy! champion at Dutchess Stadium for Thursday trivia would be a great experience for the Renegade's fans.
The team is still waiting on a response from Holzhauer.
- Bomb Scare Forces Evacuation of School Concert in Hudson Valley
- Lower Hudson Valley Restaurant Exposed Diners To Hepatitis
- Jeopardy! Champion Offered Job in Hudson Valley
- Record Number of Fake IDs Seized in New York
- 'Deadly' Drug-Resistant Superbug Spreading Rapidly in New York
- Hudson Valley Drinking Water Contaminated With Chemicals
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York