List of Supplies & Hudson Valley Utility Contacts To Have Before it Snows
Just because there isn't a major snow storm in the forecast doesn't mean that you shouldn't think about this now. Are you ready for the snow? Remember a few years agao when all of New York State was out of salt? Here are a few recommendations that you might want to think about now from Central Hudson, to help you "weather" the snow storm, when it does hit the Hudson Valley;
PREPAREDNESS TIPS FROM CENTRAL HUDSON
• Keep a flashlight and fresh batteries handy.
• If you rely on electricity to operate a well pump, fill your bathtub for an extra water reserve.
• Ensure adequate supplies of prescription medicine and other necessities.
• Fully charge your cell phone.
• Fuel up your cars.
• Have a plan to check on vulnerable neighbors and family members.
• Stock water and non-perishable foods that require no refrigeration or cooking.
It is also a good idea to make sure you have a battery powered or hand crank radio, extra food for your pets, a 3 day supply of water, and salt or kitty litter to help with ice and slippery areas.