MGM Resorts to Open $850 Million Casino in Hudson Valley
MGM resorts is looking to bring Vegas-style gambling to another Hudson Valley location.
Just months after Resorts World Casino in Monticello opened their doors, MGM is looking to get a piece of the Hudson Valley gambling action. According to CBS, the entertainment company just purchased Empire City Casino and Yonkers Raceway for $850 million.
Currently, Empire City only offers video poker and slot machines. But that could change in 2021 when New York State begins to allow table gaming. With 50 acres of land attached to the purchase, MGM will be in a position to quickly scale the casino as soon as the new law kicks in.
This may not be good news for Resorts World Casino in Monticello. The huge resort and casino is banking on high rolling visitors from New York City. If MGM were to build their own resort just 15 miles from Manhattan, it's possible many gamblers wouldn't feel the need to venture further north.
While state regulators still need to look over the deal, it's expected to easily make it through the approval process.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America