Changes Coming to Miss America Pageant, What’s Gone
The Miss America pageant is changing, of course you won't notice these changes until the next annual pageant. What is changing? The beauty competition famously linked with Atlantic City, will be getting rid of the swimsuit and the evening gown portions of the annual event.
The goal, according to the Board of Trustees for the Miss America pageant, is to emphasize the contestants brains over their beauty. Instead of those particular outfits, the contestants are urged to wear what makes them feel confident.
Do you think that this will make you want to watch the pageant? When was the last time that you watched the pageant? Will it still be worth watching without the swimsuits and the gowns?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America