New Jersey Fishermen Encounter Great White in Viral Video [VIDEO]
In a scene that resembled something out of Jaws, a group of fishermen about thirty miles off of Point Pleasant, New Jersey got the surprise of a lifetime.
In a now viral video posted on Facebook, a great white shark can be seen approaching their boat; the Big Nutz Required II (lol), and grabbing a yellow bag of chum as the band of bros can be heard hootin' n hollerin' away. It was quite a moment:
Dude that was the coolest f***ing thing I’ve ever seen, oh my God, dude! Once in a lifetime man!
Fisherman Jeff Crilly says the Big Nutz is around 31 feet, and that the shark must have been over half as long as that. Crilly told the Asbury Press:
It was harder to guess the weight because we had nothing to compare it to, but it was probably about 2,000 pounds.
Great whites are actually not that uncommon in the Atlantic this time of year, as they can spotted anywhere from the Southeastern U.S. all the way north to Canada.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America