New York DMV to Offer 9/11 Remembrance Plates
If you're tired of the puke yellowish looking license plates we've been riding around in here in New York, you may be interested in this story.
CBS NY is reporting that the DMV will offer a new style license plate that honors though who were lost on September, 11, 2001. CBS says that you'll be able to pick the plate for an $85 dollar fee. The red, white, and blue plates will show the phrases "United We Stand" and "Never Forget", as well as a silhouette of rescue workers standing next to each other.
And if you still like the yellow plates we've been using, the state name will still carry the current color in its letters at the top of the new plates.
A portion of the money raised will go to the World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America