NY State Troopers Testing New Vertical Lights
They might look a lot like police cruisers from the future -- but they're here now.
In an effort to make police cruisers more visible, New York State Troopers are testing vehicles with not only horizontal light bars -- but vertical ones too.
"It's incredibly dangerous on the side of the roadway and most of the people don't have any idea because they've never been on the side of the road and if they have it's only been for moments,” Trooper Mark O’Donnell said to WHEC. “But the police officers, the fireman, the EMS people, it's their 8 to 12-hour shift is in the roadway or on the side of the road so give us a break."
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America