One Seriously Injured in I-84 Crash, Police Say
On July 17, 2019, the New York State Police investigated a serious motor vehicle crash on Interstate 84 at approximately 10:26 a.m., in the town of Southeast.
Preliminary investigation suggests a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo operated by Bubacarr Dukureh, age 55, of Bronx, N.Y., was traveling westbound on Interstate 84 near mile marker 66, between exits 19 and 20, and was either stopped or coming to a stop in the lane.
The Rodeo was then struck in the rear by a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 van, operated by Christopher J. Saas, age 50, of Patterson, N.Y.
Both operators were transported by emergency medical services to Danbury hospital. Dukureh is currently being treated for serious injuries, and Saas sustained non-life threatening injuries.
The westbound lanes were closed for over an hour due to the collision with traffic moving slowly on the shoulder.
This investigation remains on-going
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America