Over $1 Million Dollars Raised For Local Veterans Organizations
A local campaign to raise funds for local veterans organizations was able to put together more than $1 million in donations this year. ShopRite of the tri-state area ran the campaign from May 25 through August 4th at stores across the Hudson Valley, Capital Region, and New Jersey.
'We take great pride in supporting veterans and their families within the communities we serve and are proud to announce that we have raised over $1 million as part of our 2018 campaign' said ShopRite VP of operations Tom Urtz. this is the 10th annual campaign and more than $5 million has been raised in that time.
A variety of events contributed to the success of the effort, 5K runs and walks, food drives, pancake breakfasts, and cornhole tournaments were all huge contributors. This is the largest single donation in the 10 years they've been doing the drive.
Two of the three top donating stores were in the Hudson Valley; ShopRite of Vails Gate and ShopRite of Montgomery. ShopRite of Montague was the third.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America