Popular Cafe Con Leche Announces Move To Wappingers
Cafe Con Leche, a popular eatery in the Town of New Hamburg has announced they'll be moving around four miles up the road. According to a social media post, the new location is at 32 Market Street in Wappingers Falls.
You'll still be able to find them at their original location at 10 Main Street in New Hamburg through the end of the year. You can expect a soft opening at the new location in December.
A family-owned eatery that specializes in authentic Puerto Rican cuisine, the owners of Cafe Con Leche have been fighting a zoning violation in recent months. They got their start operating a small snack bar on the platform at the New Hamburg train station. From there they moved into the Main Street location in the summer of 2018.
At that point, neighbors began to complain about the increase in traffic in the area. The issue at hand is the property is zoned as a grocery store or deli and Cafe Con Leche had been operating as a restaurant with seating. However, previous business' in the location had had seating but there hadn't been an issue up until now.
The case is still pending with the Zoning Board of Appeals as they were hoping to stay in business on Main Street. But now, having found the new location, there will no longer be an issue when they move.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center