Could A Major Movie Theater Be Coming To Downtown Poughkeepsie?
An $11 million dollar movie theater could be coming to Poughkeepsie if all goes according to plan.
According to Spectrum News, at a recent Poughkeepsie council meeting, the city's director of economic development Paul Calogerakis brought the panel up to speed on recent negotiations with Bowtie Cinemas.
The investment would see a 40,000 square foot, nine theater facility constructed on the city-owned lot that is frequently used as parking for The Chance Theater. Council members are expected to vote at the next meeting as to whether to approve an exclusive six-month negotiation window between the City of Poughkeepsie and the theater operator.
The project could create as many as 90 jobs and would draw an estimated 300,000 people to the downtown area of Poughkeepsie each year.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center