Recognizing H.V. Essential Workers With WRRV’s Tank A Day In May
We'd like to recognize and thank local essential workers for keeping the Hudson Valley safe, fed, and moving. There is still time to nominate an essential worker in your life through our app and website. Each weekday morning at 9 AM, Nick & Taylor from the WRRV Morning Grind will announce a new name and that person will receive a $50 gas card courtesy of Stewarts Shops and Healey Brothers. That gas card is going to go a little further too because gas is cheap!
- Monday - Maria nominated her husband Michael, a mechanic in Poughkeepsie. He's been working late keeping other essential workers cars on the road so they can get back and forth to work.
- Tuesday - David nominated his sister Jennifer who is a CNA at Bon Secours Hospital. She's been hard at work helping to keep patients healthy, calm, and informed and hasn't missed a day of work since COVID-19 came ashore.
- Wednesday - Summer nominated Bobby who is a local firefighter and EMT. Even off the clock, he's always ready to rush to an emergency to save a family home or help someone who is injured.
- Thursday - David nominated Shannon who works for the United States Postal Service. She's been working out of multiple offices averaging over 60 hours a week yet still has time to help with distance learning for their four children
- Friday - David nominated Stephen who is a bus driver in the City of Poughkeepsie. He has been assisting residents at the Manor at Woodside get to their life-saving dialysis appointments.
We'd like to say thank you to all of the Hudson Valley's essential workers!
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center