WRRV Sessions Marks X Ambassadors’ 5-Year Anniversary
When WRRV Sessions began in March of 2015 we had no idea who would make it to Newburgh to perform. Before we knew it national acts like X Ambassadors, New Politics and Robert DeLong were working us into their schedule within the first few months of launching.
June 15 marked the five year anniversary of the memorable X Ambassadors performance in the Taproom at Newburgh Brewing Company. The band was in the midst of a whirlwind tour and was en route from Vermont to the Firefly Music Festival in Delaware.
Before making their way over to the brewery, they had a chance to stop by Dutchess Stadium and take some batting practice. The tie in there, X Ambassadors song 'Renegades' hit number one on the chart that week and had a chance to link up with the local ball team with the same name.
Simon spoke with lead singer Sam Harris and the interview and photos from the Taproom that day are below.
Who would you like to see perform at a future edition of WRRV Sessions?
Special thanks to Newburgh Brewing Company for being such great hosts! And to Healey Brothers, Devitt's Nursery and Supply and Ballentine Communications thank you for your continued support. We fully intend to resume the acoustic concert series when appropriate.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
- Hudson Valley Restaurants