REPORT: Yankees Will Play Regular Season Game In Special Location Next Year
Even if you're not a huge Yankees fan, you'll appreciate this. Sports Illustrated is reporting that both the New York Yankees and the Chicago White Sox will play a regular season game on August 13. 2020 at Dyersville, Iowa's famed "Field of Dreams" park.
The ball field was the back drop of the 1988 movie Field of dreams, starring Kevin Costner and James Earl Jones.
Sports Illustrated said that Major League Baseball will begin building an 8,000 seat ballpark at the site this year. However, the famous cornfield will remain untouched in the background.
MLB has held regular season games in such other locations as Japan, London, Fort Bragg, N.C., Williamsport, PA., and Omaha, NE before, but this will be the first at the "Field of Dreams" in Iowa.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America