Save Your Used Mascara Wands, Furry Little Animals Need Them
Next time you go to throw that old seemingly dried out mascara, keep the wand before you toss the whole thing.
You probably were unaware but the recycled wands are being used to help animals. According to the website, Wands For Wildlife, here is what the wands are being used for:
Old mascara wands are used to remove fly eggs and larva from the fur of wild animals
What you can do, is toss the mascara, keep the wand and then wash them in a mild soap solution, let them dry and then mail them to the following address so they can be used to help animals.
Make sure to apply proper postage. The mailing address is Wands for Wildlife Wandraiser, P.O. Box 1211, Skyland, NC 28776.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America