Should New York State Add Gas Pump Attendants?
Should New York State consider adding attendants to gas stations? Not only could it help slow the spread of coronavirus by keeping people's hands off the pump it could supply the community with much-needed jobs.
Marlboro resident and local business owner Lee Mazzola posed the question on social media and got a near-unanimous positive response from local residents.
New Jersey has had attendants at the gas pump since 1949 when the Retail Gasoline Dispensing Safety Act banned drivers from pumping their own gas. Until recently Oregon also prohibited residents from pumping their gas.
So the question is, could it work in New York and would it help stop the spread of germs?
Do you wipe down the gas pump before you fill-up?
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center