Should The Ghostbusters Sequel Film in the Hudson Valley?
The Hudson Valley ain't afraid of no ghosts.
Last week it was announced that Hudson Valley resident Paul Rudd would be starring in the latest Ghostbusters sequel directed by Jason Reitman.
There's no doubt in my mind that Paul Rudd is an excellent addition to the Ghostbuster franchise. It's rumored that Rudd will be playing a teacher in the film and that Sigourney Weaver will be back as Dana Barrett.
With that being said, I think with Paul Rudd's connection, Ghostbuster's should film in the Hudson Valley and here's why:
If you haven't noticed the H.V is becoming a pretty popular spot for movies and television shows to film. I think we should rename it Hollywood on the Hudson, but that's just me. There are currently numerous television show filming in the area, like Mark Ruffalo's "I Know This Much is True."
Also, if you didn't know the Hudson Valley has some deep-rooted haunted history. The Shanley Hotel in Napanoch, Haunted Huguenot Street in New Paltz, Marist College in Poughkeepsie and Pine Bush are all known for their ghost and paranormal stories. Maybe even get some real paranormal activity to make Ghostbusters authentic.
Plus, if Ghostbusters were to film in the Hudson Valley it would be an easy commute for Paul Rudd.
And how cool would it be to say "Ghostbusters filmed in my hometown'?!?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center