Statewide DWI/Impaired Driving Crackdown Announced
Don't think about getting behind the wheel of an automobile drunk or even buzzed this holiday season. First off because it's wrong. Second, a statewide impaired driving crackdown is in effect through January 1st.
The 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' campaign is part of a national initiative and will see increased patrols designed to reduce alcohol and drug-related crashes.
More than 144,000 vehicle and traffic law violations were given out last year to go along with 4,142 people getting arrested for DWI. All 62 New York counties have opted to participate in the 2019 campaign which is funded by the Governor's Traffic Safety Committee.
According to Governor Cuomo, 'there will be zero tolerance for impaired driving, and state and local law enforcement will be highly visible to ensure that every impaired driver is caught and held accountable'.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center