SUNY New Paltz Postpones 2020 Graduation
SUNY New Paltz has announced that they will be postponing graduation for the class of 2020. Concern for the health and safety of the community is the reason for postponement as impact of the coronavirus continues to spread.
By making the decision now, representatives from the school hope to provide plenty of time to adjust travel plans while keeping everyone safe. The decision affects both undergraduate as well as graduate ceremonies. No date has yet been given but the school will announce details as soon as available.
Diplomas will be distributed directly to graduating individuals. Anyone who purchased a cap and gown will be eligible for a full refund.
Donald Christian, President of SUNY New Paltz had this to say.
This is one of the most painful decisions I have made during my years as president at SUNY New Paltz, and I know other campus leaders feel the same. Commencement is a special day for graduates, parents and other family members, and close friends. It is a day to acknowledge the accomplishments of our graduates, the fruits of their years of hard work, and to launch our latest graduates in the next phase of your lives. It is both a completion and a new beginning. Faculty and staff who have worked with graduating students share in that celebration.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center