Tattoo Shops & Friday the 13th. What’s the Deal & Where Are the Deals?
Tattoo's on Friday the 13th have been going hand in hand for years. Why? Most people fear Friday the 13th, Triskaidekaphobia but not tattoo artists. In fact according to one website a tattoo of the number '13' is considered to be a lucky symbol. This has morphed into shops offering special deals on Friday the 13th. Most of the tattoos that are offered comes from the category called "Flash." These are smaller pieces that might only have one or two colors.
Keep in mind that most places are not taking appointments for 09/13/19. Also try to pay in cash. (In fact, most of the places offering specials on Friday the 13th will require it). Your tattoo or piercing artist is giving you a break on the normal costs. Don't make them have to turn around and pay credit card processing fees on top of the great deal that they just gave you. Bring photo ID, no photo ID, no tattoos at most places. Lastly, tip. Make sure to tip. Did I mention that you kinda need to tip? These artists are providing you a service one that they are genuinely talented and are thrilled to do. Show them how much you love their work in their tip.
- Millennium Tattoo & Body Piercing, Newburgh next to Billy Joe's on Front Street. Sign-ups start at noon. Select piercings are $20, max 2 per person.
- Art In Soul Tattoo & Piercing Studio, New Paltz
$40 Flash Tattoos off select sheets, $10 off any piercing. First come, first served. Doors open at noon. Cash Only.
- Graceland Tattoo's Main Street in Wappingers, a person submitted this shop, but I did not see specials on their FB page or website. Call them. Ask.
- Queen City Tattoo, Main St, Pougkeepsie, Palm sized flash tattoos for $39. Customers choice of just lining, color or black and grey. They open at noon.
- Honorable Ink, Main St, Beacon, Specials on Flash tattoo's on both 9/13 & 9/14, First come, first served. Opens at noon on 9/13/19.
The above shops are mentioned above, because I asked for submissions of peoples favorite shops that were offering promotions for Friday the 13th. If I missed your shop, my apologies. And to those who are getting new ink or piercings on Friday, feel free to email or text photos of your new piece after you get it done!
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America