Teen Struck By Vehicle in Pleasant Valley
A 13-year-old is in critical but stable condition after being struck by a vehicle Wednesday evening.
On Wednesday at approximately 5:10 p.m. a serious car-pedestrian accident occurred on State Route 44 near Clark Heights in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
An investigation has revealed that a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country operated by William Plaza, 36, of Wappingers Falls and occupied by Kataura Ross 25, of Poughkeepsie was traveling westbound on Route 44 when it struck a 13-year-old pedestrian from Pleasant Valley.
The teen suffered serious head injuries and was originally transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital but was later airlifted to Westchester Medical Center, and last classified as critical, but stable.
Preliminary findings reveal the actions of the pedestrian to be the primary factor in the crash, and no charges have been filed against the vehicle operator.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America