The Place in NY Where You Can Camp & Dig For Diamonds
Is camping something that you and your family do every summer? There is a place in New York, where you can came and also dig for diamonds, more specifically Herkimer Diamond Quartz Crystals. The place is called Crystal Grove Diamond Mine and Campground and it is located in Johnsonville, NY.
If you were to head out to this campground by car it would take you (according to google maps) about 2 1/2 hours from Poughkeepsie or Middletown, NY.
When you go camping what is important for you to have, what amenities? Are you a camper who likes to be so far away from other people that you don't know anyone is near? Or do you like to have bathrooms and a shower? Where is the best place to go camping in New York and why? Let us know.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America