There’s a Viral Petition To Move the Date of Halloween
It's 2018 and if there's anyone who's slightly inconvenienced then we'd better hurry up and change everything and cater to them.
It seems like every year someone seems to finds a new complaint about Halloween. I think we're getting close to the point where we won't celebrate it at all.
Right now at Change.org there is a petition going viral to move the date of Halloween to the last Saturday of October. There are currently over 25,000 signatures. A lot of parents find it difficult to get their kids' costume ready and take the kids out all on a weekday. Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year and does that make it an inconvenience? Statistics show that when Halloween is on a work day more kids go trick-or-treating unsupervised.
I personally enjoy Halloween being in the middle of the week. It breaks up the regular mundane routine. I'm not a parent though. If I had kids I may have different opinion.
Do you think the holiday should be moved to the last Saturday of October?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America