Trails and Parking Areas Closed on Route 9D
Is it just me or have we read and or heard this already at least twice during New York on Pause?
The Town of Fishkill Police Department announced on their Facebook page that "all trails and parking areas along the 9D corridor have been closed." They explain, once again, that "The number of pedestrians walking along 9D is creating a dangerous situation. Officers have been advised to conduct enforcement as necessary to ensure pedestrian and vehicle safety. This includes ticketing and towing of illegally or unsafely parked vehicles."
The closure of the parking areas and trails includes Mount Beacon, Breakneck and Notch Trail.
Recently it was reported that most of the popular hiking trails in the Hudson Valley had been closed or saw restrictions due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and people not following social distancing requirements.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America