Will State Stop Hudson Valley Uber From Expanding?
We just got these ride services locally and now they may be expanding too fast for New York's comfort.
It feels like it was just yesterday when the Hudson Valley got ride services like Uber and Lyft. It's brought many great perks to the are and even opened up some career opportunities. Will New York State regulations limit these driving services from expanding further?
According to CBS News, New York City may put a halt on the growth of Uber. It's seriously hurting cab companies like Yellow Cab who maintain serious rules and regulations. The New York Taxi Workers Alliance is of the many groups fighting to hinder companies like Uber and Lyft.
The issue is that just about anyone can become an Uber driver. Both taxis and Uber vehicles go through an entirely different series of inspections and are subject to different fees even though they serve virtually the same function.
If Uber and Lyft fees end up being held to the same standards as cab companies and other ride services you may see a price increase.
Will this spill out state wide?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America