Woodstock Film Festival Seeks Volunteers
The 20th annual Woodstock Film Festival is coming October 2-6 in Woodstock, Rhinebeck, Kingston, Saugerties and Rosendale. More than 100 movies will be shown at theaters in the community during this time along with special events and even a Virtual Reality Lounge.
An integral part of the success of the festival is getting help from local volunteers. If you'd like to get involved they need help in the areas of transportation, technology, venue assistants and venue managers.
Anyone interested in chipping in can call (845) 679-4265 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights of the festival include an opening night screening of Shia LaBeouf's new movie Honey Boy. He wrote the screenplay and it centers around his struggle to reconcile with his own father along with his own mental health. Closing night of the festival will feature Marriage Story a new film starring Scarlett Johansson and Adam Driver. Special guests include actor Matt Dillon and actress Rosie Perez.
For more details visit WoodstockFilmFestival.org.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center