You’re Busy, We Get It, But That’s No Excuse Not to Give Blood
There is a massive blood shortage. What excuses do you muster up to not donate? It's time to quit being lazy and give.
I used to give blood every few months. I has the card and everything. It all started in high school. I'll admit that I only did it for the juice, cookies and excuse to be late to fifth period but eventually I realized how much I was helping.
Unfortunately, giving blood has fallen off my priorities list over the past few years. I'm not sure why.
Though it isn't the most comfortable experience I will say that it is painless, quick and usually offered close by.
According to the American Red Cross, there is a severe blood shortage. A half hour of your time can help an accident victim recover from serious injury or even death.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America