7 New York Cities That Are Commonly Mispronounced
Can you pronounce all the cities on this list? Even if you were born and raised in New York this might have a few tough towns to pronounce.
The state of New York has a lot of heritage from many different cultures and that means we have some cities and towns with names that could be tricky to pronounce.
I've lived in New York for years and even I scratch my head when I see some towns on Google Maps.
Between the native Americans that inhabited the region along with the Dutch and English settlers there have been some towns settled here that were given some interesting names.
Here are a few of the most commonly mispronounced names.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America