Can You Get Your Landlord Put in Jail? Was it Easier to Move?
Can you get your landlord put in jail? Possibly, but the time and aggravation that you might have to go through, you might be better off just moving to a new place. There is a landlord in Yonkers who after repeated violations (we are talking dozens of violations over years) is now facing five days in jail and a ten-thousand dollar fine.
His charges include, overcrowding, renting illegal apartments along with fire code issues. The fire code issues, stem from cutting the gas lines to one of his apartment buildings (he has three) and then supplying bbq propane tanks to those units instead of just getting things fixed.
Have you ever had a landlord who it was just easier and less aggravation to move than to fight them?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America