CDC: Beards Could Be Dangerous Amid Coronavirus
The beard game could be called off early for some of us during the coronavirus outbreak.
I picked a bad time to start growing a beard.
The United States is quickly getting prepared for more cases of the deadly COVID-19 virus. According to the New York Post, the virus has infected over 80,000 people and has taken the lives of over 2,000 worldwide.
With the outbreak spreading rapidly many are starting to wear medical masks. According to Fox News, The CDC has warned people against having facial hair like long goatees and beards can cause masks and respirators to be ineffective. The protective mask could not be properly sealed and fitted to the face with thick facial hair.
The CDC claims that a clean shaven face is the safest way to go. Some thin mustaches are appropriate.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America