Chase the Ghost of Matteawan in Beacon
It's that time of year, when the Hudson Valley's spooky history peeks out it's head and we get a little scare.
If you live here you already know, the H.V is swimming in history. Which makes October a fun time in our favorite towns. The graveyards and stories will be coming to life within the next few weeks.
Head on down to Beacon and take The Ghost in The Mist Tour. According to Haunted History Trail, the Beacon tour takes place on October 12, 13, 26 and 25. Tours start at 6pm and run every half hour until 10:30pm at the Veterans-Foreign Wars Post on Main Street.
The Ghost in the Mist Tour is an hour long tour and .5 miles along gravel and wooded areas as you "chase" the ghost of Matteawan.
For more information and to purchase tickets visit the Beacon Historical website.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America