Do You Consider Balloon Launches Littering?
Do you consider balloon launches littering? In New York State it is illegal to release more than 25 balloons at one time during a 24-hour period. The Balloon Council is helping to inform the public of the environmental impact of latex and foil balloons.
The Balloon Council is encouraging people to purchase biodegradable balloons and to used cotton or natural strings to tie them with along with not using any plastic discs to seal the balloons.
Have you ever participated in a balloon launch and thought nothing of it? Did you know that they even make a bio-degradable balloon? Do you think that people are taking this too far? Let us know.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America