Farting in Public Pools May Spread Potentially Deadly Parasite
We're being warned about a few potentially fatal parasites that can call your pool their home.
Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water the CDC has posted warnings about parasites being spread in public pools by human and animal feces.
I was always under the impression that pools were somewhat clean. Even public pools due to all of the chemicals. Sadly, the CDC reminds us that is not the case at all. There are ton of RWI's (Recreation Water Illness) we can catch in the pool, hot tub or at the lake this summer.
Two parasites you may come into contact with at a recreational water source is Crypto and Giardia. Both are infections that spread through fecal matter. One bowel movement can release over a billion germs. Fecal matter can also be released when passing gas.
Giardia is the most common as nearly 33% of developed nations can be affected by it. Crypto is less common but there was a fatality reported in recent years
According to Health Line some symptoms of these illnesses include:
- diarrhea or greasy stools.
- loss of appetite.
- bloating and abdominal cramps.
- weight loss.
Please think twice before letter them rip in the public pool.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America