Governor Cuomo Gives Himself Two Big Raises, Becomes Highest Paid
How recently have you gotten a raise from your job? Have you been like a great deal of New York residents and not gotten a raise over the last few years? Governor Cuomo currently makes $200,000 per year as the Governor of New York.
Cuomo will make an additional $25,000 for 2020, which is an increase of 12.5%. Then for the year 2021, his salary will once again increase another $25,000 to $250,000. The second raise will be an additional increase of 11%.
These two raises will make Governor Cuomo the highest paid governor in the United States. The average increase in pay, when an employee gets an increase is 3-5%. When was the last time you got a raise at work? Do you know what the percentage increase that it was? Something tells me it wasn't 23% over the course of two years.
Has he earned it? What do you think?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America