Health Quest Patients Your Info Might Have Been Compromised
Over the last few months Health Quest has learned of a potential email phishing incident that potentially compromised your personal information. According to a press release, the first potential incident took place in July of 2018, when Health Quest employees were tricked 'into exposing their email credentials to a third party.'
If you have been affected, Health Quest started mailing letters out this week to those who they believe had their info compromised. From the press release, here is the info that could have potentially been compromised:
- dates of birth,
- Social Security numbers,
- Medicare Health Insurance Claim Numbers (HICNs),
- driver's license numbers,
- provider name(s),
- dates of treatment,
- treatment and diagnosis information,
- health insurance plan member and group numbers,
- health insurance claims information,
- financial account information with PIN/security code,
- payment card information.
If you are one of the affected persons you will get a letter in the mail from Health Quest, but you can also call them to see if your info was compromised. The phone number you could call if you believe to be one of those affected is 1-844-967-1236. The phone number is available Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6:30 PM through February 15, 2020.