Here’s How Cynthia Almost Didn’t Win Her $20,000 Shopping Spree
A Hudson Valley grocery store chain has been dishing out shopping sprees in the, very generous, amount of $20,000. And an Ulster County resident is among the latest winners. Cynthia R. of High Falls along with Teresa N. of Rutland, Vermont are the newest winners of grocery shopping sprees courtesy of Tops Friendly Markets.
According to a press release from Tops, the massive shopping spree is the result of a winning Monopoly Rip It and Win It game. The winning tickets were purchased at Tops locations in New Paltz and Rutland, Vermont. But, Cynthia almost didn't win the ticket.
While in the store she was invited by another cashier to change aisles but she declined. Had she changed lines someone else would have won the contest.
Tops are based in Williamsville, NY, and operates more than 150 full-service supermarkets with approximately 14,000 employees. Monopoly runs through May 23 or while supplies last.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center