Here’s Why Women Are Making Their Profile Picture Black
I've got to say that when I first saw a black screen on my friend's Facebook page I thought it was some sort of error. My ignorance didn't last very long.
If you were on Facebook today you probably noticed a lot of women were temporarily changing their profile pictures to a plain black picture. Do you have any idea why?
According to a female Facebook user, the reasoning is due to a viral social media protest that was started to spread awareness for female victims of domestic violence. Women who made the switch reveiced a private message that read:
"Tomorrow, female blackout from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Its a movement to show what the world might be like without women. Your profile photo should just be a black square so that men wonder where the women are. Pass it only to women ... It's for a project against domestic abuse. It is no joke. Share it."
Did you receive the message?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America