How Much Does The Average Parent Spend School Supplies?
I'm not a parent but I was shocked to see how much supplies cost to at the beginning of the school year.
Now I know why my parents were stressed out all the time.
I'm not a parent but i'm sure raising children is no easy feat. According to CBS, experts say that it costs roughly $233,000 to raise a kid from birth to age 17.
One of those annual expenses is send kids back to school. According to Retail Me Not, the average parent will spend around $507 on their kid's school supplies this fall.
Surveys show that parents will spend over $200 in electronics alone. I remember when my dad had to buy a $90 calculator and about had a breakdown.
Do parents need to spend so much? Is it really necessary? It doesn't seem fair.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America