Hudson River Psych Center Inspires Horror Novel
There has been much talk of the old Hudson River Psych Center as of late after ground was broken on the $250 million Hudson Heritage Project. But did you know the property inspired a horror novel?
Building 51 was written by author Jennifer L. Place and released in December of 2017. The novel tells the tale of seven friends exploring the ruins of the old abandoned and burned out facility. A place where shock treatment, lobotomies, and straight jackets were at one point a daily reality.
The group stumbles upon a room full of old battered suitcases and they find themselves wondering while they're still there. They quickly realize it's because their owners never left and they're excited to have visitors. True story, apparently (sarcasm).
The property gives off creepy vibes as it is. Is this something you'd read or are you starting the Harry Potter books all over again?
Here's more recent content about the old Hudson River Psych Center:
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psych Center