Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Dramatic Psych Center Video
After the recent announcement that ground had been broken at the old Hudson River Psychiatric Center across from Marist College, a well known local drone pilot jumped into action and got some amazing footage of the buildings and unique view of the property.
Scott Snell along with Chuck Merrihew got a good look at grounds that have been restricted for years. Many of the trees have been razed in anticipation of construction of the $250 million Hudson Heritage project that will include 750 apartments to go along with retail and hotel space.
It's hard to imagine some 5,500 people going about their day while this hospital was at its peak in the mid-1900s. Having been in operation in some form since 1871, it was finally shut down for good in 2012.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3PM to 7PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America