Is New York The Happiest State?
Do you think New York is the happiest state in the country?
Happiness comes from a combination of internal and external factors. We can influence it somewhat by approaching situations positively or choosing to spend time with people we love, doing activities we enjoy.
But one thing that can have a big influence on how we feel about life is where we choose to live.
To determine where Americans have the highest satisfaction with life, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 31 key indicators of happiness. The data set ranges from emotional health to income level to sports participation rate.
New York was ranked as the 15th happiest state, here's the breakdown
Happiness in New York:
- 4th – % of Depressed Adults
- 1st – Suicide Rate
- 16th – Number of Work Hours
- 19th – Separation & Divorce Rate
- 29th – Income Growth
- 22nd – Safety
You can view the full report on Wallethub's website.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center