Ready For Snow? List Of Supplies, Plus Utility Contact Info
Are you ready for the snow? Here are a few recommendations from Central Hudson, to help you "weather" the snow storm;
• Keep a flashlight and fresh batteries handy.
• If you rely on electricity to operate a well pump, fill your bathtub for an extra water reserve.
• Ensure adequate supplies of prescription medicine and other necessities.
• Fully charge your cell phone.
• Fuel up your cars.
• Have a plan to check on vulnerable neighbors and family members.
• Stock water and non-perishable foods that require no refrigeration or cooking.
It is also a good idea to make sure you have a battery powered or hand crank radio, extra food for your pets, a 3 day supply of water, and salt or kitty litter to help with ice and slippery areas.
Other things to keep in mind, make sure to keep your freezer closed. Should outages last more than a few days, your power company will make announcements about dry ice distribution. Also, bundle up and dress warmly, this one thing sounds simple, but will go a long way to keep you more comfortable and warm during a winter power outage.