Yonkers Named Among Worst for Singles in America
The dating scene in the Hudson Valley is what it is but one city, in particular, is among the worst cities for singles in America.
According to a WalletHub study, Yonkers is not the place you'd want to be single. They've ranked #176 out of 182 cities when it comes to dating. The study looked at a variety of factors like the share of single population, nightlife options per capita and the number of online dating opportunities.
With the average cost of a date these days coming in at more than $100, does it make sense just to stay in and Netflix & chill? About 45% of adults are single according to the US Census Bureau, meaning there are more than 110 million single people in the country.
What are your thoughts on the Hudson Valley dating scene?
Two cities in New York were among the best places to be for singles:
- #15 Rochester
- #35 New York City
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center