Nearly 30 Racing Horses Killed In Orange County Barn Fire
A raging fire sadly killed 28 harness racing horses over the weekend at Mount Hope Training facility.
The New York Post reports that a stable worker reported a fire breaking out at approximately 3 a.m. on Saturday morning. The horses had just returned from racing in the Poconos. A stable worker first saw the fire early during their feeding. The fire spread quickly throughout the entire barn and sadly, the workers at the stable were unable to save any of the horses.
The Orange County Sheriffs department reported that no humans were harmed during the blaze and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America